2. Follow up at 8-12 weeks (at least 30 min)
The aim of this appointment is to find out how you are getting
on with your hearing aid, and to make any adjustments that may be needed.
To get the best from this appointment, it is important that you have tried
your hearing aid in as many situations as possible. It may help to take
along notes of any problem situations or any questions you may want to
You can expect the audiologist to:
- Ask you how things are going generally.
- Ask some specific questions about how much benefit you
are finding from the hearing aid in certain situations.
- Ask if you are having any problems with the following:
- sound quality
- adequacy of loudness
- loudness discomfort
- noise intrusiveness
- telephone use
- battery life
- Check use of loop system and any special features your
hearing aid may have.
- Make any adjustments to the hearing aid that may be
- Tell you if they think another appointment is